Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"FREE" Chair Makeover

BEFORE

Hello All! Today I am going to show you my fabulous FREE Chair Makeover. This is one of the three chairs I am currently working on. I have to say, it turned out way better than I expected. It is the first chair I have made over. I have done lots of dining room chairs, benches, etc.

She sure is Ugly, but ya gotta love FREE.


I started out by taking all the fabric off piece by piece. I tried to keep it all in tact as much as possible (sometimes hard with old fabric). I will use the pieces I remove as my pattern for the new fabric. It is also how I will decide how much fabric I need. Once I got all the old fabric off I take this time to sand down the legs and arms and paint or re stain in this case.

While I am waiting for the stain to dry, my next step is to take my new fabric and cut each piece out until I have all the pieces I need to reassemble my chair and WHALA! A beautiful, NEW chair! Only about $30 in fabric, staples, and decorative tacks. (I always watch for fabric sales at Hancock Fabrics. They have their 40-55% off sales frequently. I never pay full price for fabric!

BEFORE
AFTER



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the LOVE! I so enjoy hearing what you all have to say!