Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Thrifty Boys Room Decor "BUGS"

Welcome to my blog!  I have wanted to start a blog for a loooong time, and decided to just go ahead with it!  I hope you enjoy it!

Ok, now I have two boys. They are into the regular boy stuff.....Star Wars, Sports, Bugs, etc. But finding cute cheap boys room decor, is next to impossible. My youngest son is totally into BUGS! Well really anything creepy & crawly. Thank goodness I don't have a week stomach! Well trying to find "bug stuff" is quite the job. So that inspired my latest DIY project.



Now these are really easy to make & cheap!  This is what you need:
12x12 Canvases
Decorative Scrapbook paper
Black cardstock
Sillouettes*
Modge Podge
*The silouettes were found by "googling" bugs & frogs.  I found the images I thought would be the easiest to cut out.  I enlarged them, and printed them out.  Then I cut out each image, then traced the cut out image onto black cardstock, then cut that out.

 
So basically I just glued the decorative paper onto the canvas and modge podged it on.  Then I applied the silloutte onto the wet modge podge and then go over it with some more modge podge glue.  Coat generously and then let dry.  Whalah!  Instant art!  I was so excited I had to hang them up right away.  I still plan on painting the edges black to give it a cohesive look!  Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog today looking for room decorating ideas for my son's room. He wants a bug room and I had no idea where to start! I LOVE this idea! Thanks for your post! I'm going to have to try something like this out! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the LOVE! I so enjoy hearing what you all have to say!