Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pottery Barn Knock Off Faux Mecury Glass Pumpkins

Well after much inspiration from my latest Pottery Barn catalog, I am FINALLY in the Fall mood!
 I started some of my Fall/Halloween projects this past week. These faux mercury glass pumpkins were first on my list!

Photo from Pottery Barn
 I started out with some Funkins (foam pumpkins) from the
Dollar Tree.
BEFORE

Then I pulled out my Metallic Silver spray paint and gave them a good coat. I also painted a few with Copper spray paint. I wanted a bit of variety!
Then I had a thought. I had saved a picture of a polka dotted pumpkin in my inspiration files from Good Housekeeping. I heart polka dots & thought it would be a cool concept to have polka dot pumpkins to coordinate!
Photo from Good Housekeeping

So I got out some yard sale circle stickers and started putting them all over my freshly painted silver pumpkin
(TIP: I waited until the paint was very dry first!)



Then I took my Heirloom White spray paint and gave it a couple coats. Once the spray paint semi dried I removed the stickers. I love how the silver shows through. I also used this painting technique here with a twist...to redo another pumpkin.


Here are the rest of my PB Knock off Mercury Glass pumpkins!


AFTER

Stay tuned for a few more Fall Pottery Barn Knock offs
from the latest catalog!

Enjoy!!!

I linked up to:






 
UndertheTableandDreaming





3 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! I absolutely love these pumpkins. I saw these today at the dollar store and couldn't figure out what in the world to do with them. The metallic paints are perfect. Guess I know where I am going tomorrow! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! Thanks for the LOVE! They were really fun to make! So many possibilities! Would LOVE to see your versions when you get them done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog! Halloween is by far my favorite holiday and I LOVE the Dollar Tree so this post is just awesome! These would make great wedding centerpieces for a fall wedding, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the LOVE! I so enjoy hearing what you all have to say!