Thursday, August 19, 2010

My VERY FIRST Knock Off Wood Project!!!!

I have been following the blog 
www.knock-offwood.com for months!!!

I just LOVE the fact that at my own leisure, I can build FAB furniture from high end brands such as Pottery Barn, Land of Nod, Ballard Designs, etc. She empowers women everywhere to "build it without their husbands"! I have been drooling over her plans and FINALLY got around to building something. I started very simple, as I have literally no experience building anything. Not even a birdhouse folks! I choose the Simple, Cheap, & Easy Console Table as seen here:   


I have to say, I surprise myself once again! (I seem to do that often! :) ) It literally took me about 3 hours to complete the table. I followed her plans almost to a T. I had a little problem with my wood not being very straight. I did the best I could. Menard's doesn't carry a very good selection for the cheap pine boards they sell. I literally spent an hour looking over boards and following her advice on how to select good boards, as talked about here:  http://www.knock-offwood.com/2009/11/how-to-select-good-boards.html
Needless to say, I did walk out of Menard's with the best that they had to sell that day, but still not every board was straight.  Here is my end result:

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the LOVE! I so enjoy hearing what you all have to say!