Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Kids Snowman Handprint Ornaments

I saw this idea over at "Full of Great Ideas" blog. I thought it was just darling. Check it out here.
I usually try and give the grandparents something homemade from the boys every year. When I saw this, I said to myself, this was my idea for this year.
This was WAY EASIER than I anticipated. I actually put off making these thinking they were going to be a real pain & MESSY. But I was happily surprised when the kid's portion of the project literally took 5 minutes each. We made 16 total ornaments (8 for each kid). It was super easy & cleanup was really a snap.

This is what I started with: A Dollar Tree find $1 for each package.


Here is the end result:


I also added this little poem to each ornament.
*I got this from her blog as well.

"These aren't just five snowmen
As anyone can see.
I made them with my hand
Which is a part of me.
Now each year when you trim the tree
You'll look back and recall
Christmas of 2010
When my hand was just this small!"


Feel free to use the tag I created in Picnik, just please give credit back to my blog.

Go to Full of Great Ideas blog for the full tutorial here.

Enjoy!!!!


I am linking to these FABULOUS Parties:

Ornament Party
















3 comments:

  1. They are too adorable! I love them. I would love for you to stop by Wiccan Make Some Too's Wickedly Crafty Saturdays & share this! Link is still open so you have time.
    http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2010/12/wickedly-crafty-saturdays-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely ADORABLE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking this up to Wickedly Crafty Saturdays! They just make my heart melt. Pop on by for an "I've Been Featured" button cause these cute ornaments were featured. Don't forget to pop by again today for Wickedly Crafty Saturdays #5!
    http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2010/12/wickedly-crafty-saturdays-5.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the LOVE! I so enjoy hearing what you all have to say!