Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Decorating

I traditionally put up my Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. This year was no different. Although this year I decided to change things up a bit and try a new color scheme. As you can see, I choose a green & silver scheme. With a sort of bird twist as well.

Here are some of the ornaments close up.

Green bird

This little deer came from my Grandma's this past weekend. She had been to a auction and picked up a whole bunch of Christmas ornaments. She let us all pick through what we wanted. This was one of my picks. I added the green bow to make it go with my theme. This beautiful vintage ornament already had the green rhinestone eyes & glittery silver stars on the antlers. I LOVE it! Thanks Grandma Joyce!

Peacock

Our angel we have had since we got married!

The Nativity

A view of the tree skirt. A clearance find last year at Target. It is a velvety material.

My table display. I got the inspiration from here. One of my favorite blog reads Young House Love.

This bird is from a pair that I found at the thrift store a while back (they were 50 cents a piece). The pretty silver ornament in the apothecary jar is from Walmart for $1.

My living room wall display. The glittery trees I got at the Dollar Tree this year in their clearance section 2 for $1. The feather tree was a clearance steal last year at Walgreen's after Christmas.

I LOVE this print!

Our front door from the inside.

Our front door from the outside.

My DIY wreath. (I couldn't find one that I liked so I decorated it myself)

More tree ornaments.

My kitchen cabinets.

These little cuties were my Grandma Sally's. I have 2 of them &
they really remind me of Christmas's as a child.

Here is the other.

The boys decorated the windows with Gel clings.

My corner curio. I store the Christmas Advent calendar in here so my boys don't get into it.

Enjoy!!!!

I am linking up to these FABULOUS Parties:


1 comment:

  1. I love your tree with all the birds, and the rest of your holiday decor.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the LOVE! I so enjoy hearing what you all have to say!