Sunday, November 14, 2010

Fall Wreath on the cheap!

My front door has been a bit bare since I took down my DIY Dollar Tree Halloween wreath a few weeks ago. I have been wanting to make some cute for Thanksgiving, but wasn't really sure what I wanted. I knew I want it to be thrifty, as all my money these days is being saved or spent for Christmas. Here is what I came up with.
I got this frame at at the auction I went to a few weeks back. It was in a stack of like 15 frames/pictures I got for $1.
I started out by taking the canvas out of it.

Then I spray painted it orange with some spray paint I had left over from another project.

Once my spray paint was dry & started adding some garland & leaves.

The garland is from Walmart & is the only thing I bought specifically for this project. It was $3.

This floral leaf pick was leftover from my Fall display. It was a Dollar Tree score & as you can see it still had many leaves left on it. I just cut off the leaves leaving a little bit of stem on each.
Then I just hot glued it on all on the frame. I used my leftover leaves to fill in the areas that seemed bare to me. I added some ribbon to hang it (from my ribbon stash) and
WHOLA!

It really spruced up my bare door!

A close up!
Not bad for under $5!

Enjoy!

My wreath was FEATURED HERE:

UndertheTableandDreaming

I am linking up to these FABULOUS Parties:

Catch As Catch Can
UndertheTableandDreaming 
The Girl Creative
mmm button








Becolorful 
Making
Keeping It Simple
 

7 comments:

  1. Looks so nice! Love the berries & the price.
    http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I will have to make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw your project over at the Sunday Showcase party. It looks great! The rectangle gives it more interest and looks good with your door.

    I made a similar wreath for our front door too!
    http://ourhouseonthecorner.blogspot.com/2010/09/frugal-fall-wreath.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute...love the idea of using a frame...thank you for linking up to MMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this.I have to make one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle, I love the thought of using a frame - so clever and creative! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase Party - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this today - Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Hope you are enjoying your week. ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a sucker for the unusual and out of the ordinary. I just love the square take on this wreath and you're right - really an easy project that all of your readers could do.
    Thanks again for posting on Motivated Monday at BeColorful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the LOVE! I so enjoy hearing what you all have to say!