Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dollar Tree Valentines Day Art

Sorry I am late on this post. I have had this done for about 1 week now, but have been really overwhelmed with work & my household stuff. I still have to post about the last few days of my 21 organizational challenge. I have my stuff done & documented with photos. I just have to have time to post them!
Well here is my Valentine's Day decor. Most of which done on the cheap thanks to the Dollar Tree!!!

This is the first project.
I started out with this wooden "LOVE" sign from the Dollar Tree.
I spray painted it with Cherry Red spray paint.

Once dry I sprayed it with spray adhesive and sprinkled it heavily with red glitter!

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy! Super sparkly and glittery Valentines day art which only cost me a buck!

Next up, some Vday art in frames!
I got the idea for one of these frames from over at "Pleasant Home". Read all about it HERE.
This is my version.
I started out with some spray paint & 2 frames, also a package of flower petals soaps, from where else? The Dollar Tree.

I spray painted them all pretty. One Red, One Pink.

Then I added my "Art".

This one I just added some Valentines Day scrapbook paper I had laying around. Then I took those Dollar Tree flower petal soaps (the heart package above). I used the lid as a heart template and hot glued them into the lid. I also hot glued the lid directly onto the glass on my frame.
The little heart gems I picked up at the Dollar Spot at Target.The glass apothecary jars I had.

Here is a close up. 

The red frame I took a Valentines Day Card, I ordered for FREE from Shutterfly and just framed it into the card. I used some photos of my sons from the past few months, and some from last Vday.

Shutterfly was offering 1 free card so I ordered a Vday one with this sole purpose in mind!

I really don't have too many things for Vday so it was fun to create some things, and better yet that it cost me next to nothing.



My youngest last year Vday. He made his card box at preschool out of a cereal box.

My oldest last year Vday. Here is the Love Robot we had fun making for his card box.

Here is the bird candle holder I picked up SUPER clearanced out at Shopko's Christmas clearance. It was like $6. It is not really Valentiney, but I LOVE birds, and it's neutral color fit well with this display.

Here it is all together.

Enjoy!!!!


I am linking up to these FABULOUS Parties:







Paper Issues Blog Design


monogram

The Girl Creative


 

3 comments:

  1. I was searching for diy Valentine decor, love this idea, so I headed to the Dollar store and made a similar frame. Love this idea! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I never would have guessed that stuff came from the dollar store after you made it over.

    sisterhoodofthecraftypants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Master Framing are the experts in framing in Sydney.
    We specialize in memorabilia framing, custom picture framing, canvas stretching and photo mounting.
    We have grown into one of the most competitive picture framers in New South Wales,
    offering a large range of picture frames and picture framing services.

    cheap framing sydney

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the LOVE! I so enjoy hearing what you all have to say!