Monday, February 14, 2011

Kid's Birthday Gift Idea...Dollar Tree style

Here is what I have been putting together for my son's friend's birthday parties. He has been invited to 4 birthday parties in the past month. This is a simple, inexpensive idea. Instead of trying to shop for a toy or a game that we hope they like or don't already have I came up with this idea.

The Movie Gift Certificate package.

What you will need:

Popcorn tubs
(either plastic or cardboard...
I got mine at the thrift store for 25cents each)
Cello Wrap
(I got mine from the Dollar Tree)
Basket Shred
(also from the Dollar Tree)
Movie Theater Sized Candy
(Dollar Tree)
Movie Gift Certificate
(I usually get a $10 one, but obviously you do what is in your price range)


Here are all my supplies.

I find these popcorn tubs all the time at the Thrift stores, but you can also find them at the Dollar Tree or the Dollar Spot at Target. I have also gotten actual popcorn tubs from the movie theater that I buy the gift certificate from.)

 
Basket Shred (I use yellow because it looks like buttered popcorn!) This 1 bag can make 3 gifts usually.

Gift Certificate to our local movie theater.

Here they are all put together.

 I love giving this gift! I would much rather give an "Experience" then a piece of plastic! Especially in the $12 range that I spend total on each one of these.

What about you guys? What unique ideas do you have for Kid's birthday parties that your children are invited too?

Enjoy!!!

21 comments:

  1. Wow! interesting to have this kind of gift its absolutely a unique gift ideas. Will certainly visit your site more often now.

    send gift Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best gift ever...I well use it
    Send gifts to pakistan when i needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your collection of kids gifts was great. but, I need some more collection for Send gifts to Pakistan to my friends kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By giving gift we expressed our way of love to our dear and near ones.It is the symbol of our affection because mostly we will give what our loved ones like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing Blog .I loved it.Thank you so much for sharing Send Gifts To pakistan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! interesting to have this kind of gift its absolutely a unique gift ideas.
    Send-Flowers-To-Japan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kid's Birthday Gift Idea really are so inspiring and a great gesture. I liked your blog.. I was remember my brother boy birthday i am stay in New York. he was also live in Pakistan and i was Send Gifts To pakistan online to my nephew

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very glad to read the post, it is very well written.You have done hard work in writing this post and I impressed your work.
    UANEPFO

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful Gift idea. Thanks for sharing.you can find more gifts ideas in Pakistan visit: Pakistan gift online
    .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! interesting,i like your blog this is a best gift Ideas.Send Flowers To Australia online

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's beautiful gift ideas your post is really helpful for me to the choosing gift for my bf. Send gifts to Karachi from USA .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome ideas!!. It blog contain a numerous idea. Keep post like that information.
    online gifts in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.I will always bookmark your blog and definitely will come back down the road. I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great writing, have a nice holiday weekend! gifts for her

    ReplyDelete
  14. The tech gifts are the perfect option to gift for a birthday, on wedding or whenever you want to surprise your girlfriend or boyfriend this coming valentine day.There are gadgets for all tastes, budgets and needs that will make our lives easier.

    Click here to know more information best tech gifts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the LOVE! I so enjoy hearing what you all have to say!