Friday, February 18, 2011

RECIPE: Braised Beef & Tortellini (Olive Garden Copy Cat)

I have had a CRAVING.
A craving for Olive Garden's "Braised Beef & Tortellini".
Photo Credit: Olive Garden

Well unfortunately, the closest Olive Garden is about 30 minutes away. Which isn't that far, but I don't want to drive all that way, besides, we are on a budget! :)

So I decided I would try and search for a recipe. I googled it and guess what I found?!?!
I found THIS recipe for a COPY CAT version of it.

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons olive oil

1 -2 lb boneless beef short rib (or similar tough cut of beef)

1 garlic clove, minced

1 tomato, diced

6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced

8 ounces Marsala wine

1/4 cup flour

1 tablespoon Italian seasoning

1 -2 lb asiago-filled tortellini, boiled
 
Directions:

Total Time: 3 hrs

1. Heat oil on high heat in a large nonstick pan.

2. Toss short ribs in flour, add to pan, and sear on all sides.

3. Reduce heat to low and add garlic; cook and stir for about 1 min.

4. Add tomato, mushrooms, Marsala wine, and Italian seasoning one at a time, allowing about 1-2 min between each for liquid to evaporate.

5. Cover pan and braise for 3 hr or until very tender, checking and stirring every 30 min to make sure liquid has not evaporated away (add more Marsala if liquid evaporates).

6. Increase heat to medium high and heat thoroughly.

7. Serve over tortellini.


So I thought, why not, let's give it a try. It looked fairly easy.
My Family LOVED it!!!
I recommend you give it a try as well!!!
I can't wait to see what other "Copy cat" recipes I can find!! :)

Enjoy!!!!

13 comments:

  1. So the recipe worked for you? I have tried making this and it ended up in failure. idk if I used this recipe... I will try. THANKS!

    Cravings... tsk tsk. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried it and it was a big failure

      Delete
    2. Michelle Mackenzie and Margo...How many times are you going to post it was a big failure? It's not the recipe, it's you two. Margo why are you posting if you don't know if you even used this recipe.. Cooking is a chemical reaction...Give things time to cook. This isn't a fast recipe, you can't make it in an hour, you have to let it cook so the meat can get tender. Try again.

      Delete
  2. This worked great for me, thank you so much! I ended up needing more marsala much more, but everything turned out amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. printableolivegardencoupons.org has never did not deliver good food and outstanding client service to its customers. Fine, quality food and outstanding service make Olive Garden one amongst the leading restaurant chains within the country. If you are thinking of the best place to celebrate you’re special milestones or a romantic place for a date, you may undoubtedly notice the interiors of Olive Garden to be the best setting for these occasions. and this place can conjointly make you feel like you are indeed dining and drinking in an exceedingly classic Italian winery.
    printableolivegardencoupons.org/olive-garden-locations/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This did not turn out at all. Complete failure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The complete blogs are really inconceivable and definitely everyone will share this information.learn more about coupons

    ReplyDelete
  6. how many does this serve? I have a large family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you slice the short ribs before or after braising?

    ReplyDelete
  8. They told me at olive garden that they put alfredo sauce in it

    ReplyDelete
  9. They do at olive garden put Alfredo in it..I used to work for them..but this recipe is good also patience and slow cooking is the key here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michelle, I would like to make this for my family and since you worked at Olive Garden maybe you have the real recipe. Please share. I am all about creamy sauces so anything you can provide will be a great help. Thanks

      Delete
  10. I added more Marsala Wine, can of diced tomatoes, tossed fresh cheese ravioli (or tortellini) inside the pot, and at the end, added heavy cream and Parmesan to create sauce. Came out well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the LOVE! I so enjoy hearing what you all have to say!