I have had a CRAVING.
A craving for Olive Garden's "Braised Beef & Tortellini".
Photo Credit: Olive Garden
Well unfortunately, the closest Olive Garden is about 30 minutes away. Which isn't that far, but I don't want to drive all that way, besides, we are on a budget! :)
So I decided I would try and search for a recipe. I googled it and guess what I found?!?!
I found THIS recipe for a COPY CAT version of it.
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 -2 lb boneless beef short rib (or similar tough cut of beef)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tomato, diced
6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
8 ounces Marsala wine
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 -2 lb asiago-filled tortellini, boiled
Total Time: 3 hrs
1. Heat oil on high heat in a large nonstick pan.
2. Toss short ribs in flour, add to pan, and sear on all sides.
3. Reduce heat to low and add garlic; cook and stir for about 1 min.
4. Add tomato, mushrooms, Marsala wine, and Italian seasoning one at a time, allowing about 1-2 min between each for liquid to evaporate.
5. Cover pan and braise for 3 hr or until very tender, checking and stirring every 30 min to make sure liquid has not evaporated away (add more Marsala if liquid evaporates).
6. Increase heat to medium high and heat thoroughly.
7. Serve over tortellini.
So I thought, why not, let's give it a try. It looked fairly easy.
Well not only did I surprise myself, I surprised my hubby!
We both LOVED it!!!!
I recommend you give it a try as well!!!
I can't wait to see what other "Copy cat" recipes I can find!! :)