Thursday, September 23, 2010

Laundry Room Art

Well this has been a rainy week here in MN! Overnight alone, we got over 6 inches of rain. The main highway was down to one lane due to mudslides this morning. And a neighboring WI town had their downtown flooded & several businesses & school closed due to the flooding. With rain expected to continue thru Saturday, things could get ugly! So that's my little weather report for the day. On a positive note, it's a PERFECT day to get projects done INSIDE!

On with the project. As I have been cleaning out, organizing and getting ready for our Fall garage sale, I can across a pile of vinyl word sayings & images that I have bought through the past couple years from Upper Case Living parties I had been invited too. I found one for the Laundry room. And my laundry room is currently undergoing a slight transformation, as I just got a pair of front loading appliances (washer & dryer).
I am currently working on handmade pedestals for them to sit on. Details on that project coming soon!
So I started out with a picture I found at the thrift store for $2.
BEFORE

I took the thrift store picture apart and separated the three pieces.


BEFORE

I then took the frame & sanded it down a bit, wiped off the dust particles & spray painted it with Glossy White spray paint.

While that was drying, I searched my scrapbook paper stash and found some coordinating paper to use as the background. I cut it to size to fit by using the previous picture as my guide.

Once the paint dried I put it all back together & WHOLA!!!
New modern Art for my Laundry area! Simple, easy & THRIFTY!

AFTER

AFTER (CLOSE UP)

More on my Laundry room transformation coming soon!

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the LOVE! I so enjoy hearing what you all have to say!