Thursday, September 2, 2010

Quick Personalized Birthday Present Frames

Our family does birthday parties by the season. We have Winter birthdays, Spring birthdays, Summer birthdays & Fall birthdays. So basically we celebrate about 3 months of birthdays for each party. I am also the eldest of all of the grandchildren. So needless to say, I have alot of young cousins & the majority of them are girls! Well when the spring birthday's come around, I have 3 of these young cousin's to get gifts for. Here is what I threw together quick & thrifty for their last birthday (I am a bit behind on posting this....sorry!).

First I got the frames at my local Dollar Tree. I loved that they had a spot for 3 pictures. Here they are before I started.

BEFORE
SUPPLIES:
Dollar Tree Frame
Spray paint (various colors)
Coordinating scrapbook paper (Dollar Tree)
Chipboard accent or wooden accent (Stampin Up)
Adhesive (for the accent piece..I just used my glue gun)
Alphabet Stamp (Stampin Up)
Circle Paper Punch (2 sizes)

I started by taking the guts (glass, backing, cardboard, etc) out of the frame. Then I spray painted them. I choose colors that would match each of the girls bedrooms.

I also spray painted the chipboard accent piece.


I cut out three different pieces of the scrapbook paper to fit in each picture slot, hot glue gunned on the accent piece. Then I cut 2 different size circles with my circle punches. Stamped a Initial with my alphabet stamp and WHOLA!!!
Instant personalized gift for a Tween's bedroom!!!!

AFTER
A close up of all three!


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the LOVE! I so enjoy hearing what you all have to say!