Thursday, September 30, 2010

Laundry Room Redo

OK, I totally thought I had already taken a BEFORE photo to show you the differences, but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere! It was taken prior to my new computer so maybe it got lost in the shuffle. :(
Oh well, what can I do.

Well here it is. I freshened up my laundry room after I got a couple new additions. A new front loader washer & dryer (well new to me! I can actually Thank my step brother Josh for hooking me up with this find.)
And since I had a front loader now, I needed a pedestal to put them on & I am sorry but I wasn't paying $200 smackers a piece for the store bought kind. So I built me a beautiful,
handcrafted one out of solid wood for around $50.

Let's start this post with the pedestal building:

Some of the lumber.

The top of the frame.




OK, the GRAND REVEAL:

Here's the finished pedestal! I LOVE how it turned out! I will actually ENJOY doing laundry!!! If only I had someone to fold & put it all away! (I hate that part!) :)

The other half of the laundry room. See that laundry sink...the top is just the portion that you cut out of the counter top installation when you install a new sink. (*It was left here at our house when we bought it...it was the lovely color of are old counter tops in my kitchen...one day I will get around to showing you are HUGE house remodel) It gives me some extra countertop space when needed.


View from the door.
Those shelves house my canned goods & canning supplies.
Along with some other misc. stuff.

Accessories!

See the Burgundy Red Laundry print...(Ballard House inspired). I got it here for FREE!
You can get it in 8 different colors too! And they even have some for your Bathroom. I just popped it in a previous frame I had & I had more Laundry Room ART!
You can thank Aimee over @ Sprik Space for those awesome prints! THANKS Aimee!


Here is the inspiration for building those pedestals:

Kristie & Kevin (AKA Romeo) over at Stories of a House had this post.
 &
Sausha over at Show and Tell had this post & awesome Tutorial which my husband used for most of the build. He tweaked it a bit to fit our needs.

So that is our laundry room in a nutshell. (there is a back half of this room...it is just WAAAAAY TOO cluttered & disorganized to show the world quite yet...oh the shame!)

Enjoy!

I am linking up to:




 
 
Organize with Sandy button

20 comments:

  1. Looks great! Seems like everyone is doing laundry room makeovers these days, guess I better take a look at mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big project! The room looks great- I love the colors you chose.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beadboard on the wall behind the washer and dryer. It just adds such a great look to the room making it feel clean and bright. Good job.
    April @ HomeHinges.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous! Such a happy laundry room. If mine looked like this, maybe folding laundry wouldn't be such a chore.
    I have a blog award for you: http://www.scrappy-gifts.com/2010/10/friday-favorites-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle, love your laundry room, I think if I had a cute place like that to do laundry and a great washer and dry like that I would be much happier to wash clothes. Such a great makeover. Thanks for stopping by and following my blog. I'm going to search around here for a little bit and get some more good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks awesome - your husband did a great job - i love the white with the green - very fresh looking.
    And the newness of thinking laundry is not so bad will definately wear off - mine for sure did and now its just another chore that i HATE even though i have a cute laundry room!!

    GREAT JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pops of color in here. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pedestal is great! I love that you decorated the room. I usually overlook this room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you made your laundry area so cozy and stylish! I am definitely "stealing" the laundry print. Thanks for sharing the idea and the link.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pedestal!! I also love that you used the lime green colors in your laundry room. I did the same thing. It just brightens it up doesn't it? I would love for you to link this to my Organizing Mission Monday link party! Hope to see you there. I keep it open until Friday. Because I'm not on blogger, I'll give you the link since you won't be able to click right through on it.
    http://www.organizewithsandy.com/2011/01/10/organizing-mission-monday-link-party-week-4/

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely! One day I will have a laundry ROOM instead of a laundry CLOSET.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys did awesome and I love the splashes of green!!! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that pedastal! Love the green color too! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for linking up to my Organizing Mission Monday link party . It is just so cool. He did a really nice job on that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is amazing! What a great way to get those up off the floor! I'm so loving all your green accents in the room too! Super!

    Becky B.
    www.organizingmadefun.blogspot.com
    Organizing Made Fun

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks great!!!!! I love the green!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Michelle! I wanted to let you know that I am featuring this post on my Organizing Mission Monday link party week 5 tomorrow! Please stop by to pick up the "Proud To Be Featured on Organizing Mission Monday" from my sidebar.
    http://www.organizewithsandy.com/blog
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I Love the green accents in here! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  19. SO AWESOME! Seriously, I have been wanting to do something similar, thanks for the great inspiration! And I absolutely love all those bins and baskets, your space looks incredibly organized!

    Thanks for linking up and sharing with me!

    xoxo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  20. This may be a stupid question, but we are new at DIY....How did you attach your post to your top and bottom frames?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the LOVE! I so enjoy hearing what you all have to say!